14 August 2013

dear [ ] : untitled



dear [    ]

our love is a rosary we can count out in the dark

I felt it the moment it started
thick, the way humidity broils
in midsummer and a few steps
to the door means breathlessness
and the desire to strip off skin
and smile.

get back inside where it is cool and safe.

I was afraid of everything, until you.
my heart clicked into place like clock-
work gears shedding their rust and you
pulled fears out by the roots, burning them
carefully.

this is not a mistake. You are not a mistake

You peel apart my fog and you hold me
as if I am the wind, fragile and impossible,
even when I am about to shatter.  you wage
war on my weaponized sorrow like a  grenade
already swallowed,  always unwilling to break,
always ready to bend. It is this wildness that
you love about me.

I am sorry. I have tried to tame it. I could not.

We are wants, needs, circumstances, whispers,
abandoned directions. we are the way the
rain swallows a skyline, a ballet of kisses,
passion pricked words threatening to  wilt on
the windowsill. we are waiting because words are
useless.

and because everything falls, eventually, into place.

Love,

JANEisnotplain 8.14.2013

No comments: