05 July 2013

TIRED

Tired

I am tired
tired of waiting
tired of saying please
only to hear no or a
monsoon of excuses

I am tired
tired of polite
tired of clean and crisp
tired of playing nice
and sitting still with
legs crossed at the knees

I am tired
tired of wearing this
circumstance like a mask
tired of wearing the ghost
of someone else’s mistakes
tired of wearing fear
like too much lipstick

I am tired
tired of rules and regulations
tired of barbed questions
tired of empty promises and
closed mouth kisses

I am tired
tired of hoping
that this isnt a lie
that this isnt a false image
that this is grey instead
of red, a spark instead
of a fire.

I am tired
I want to be free
I want to be flawed
I want to be dirty
I want to be wild and selfish

I am tired
of waiting.


JANEisnotplain 07.04.2013

No comments: