25 March 2013

dear [ ] : pearls


pearls


dear [   ]:

when called a [       ]
i will not flinch. i have
heard that word already
from more [   ] mouths
and it no longer stings.

i know my sins and i am
always bracing for the
stones.

i do not make promises.
i am a promise. know that
i have drowned too many
times not to fear the water,
but i will not admit to this.

i sometimes drink wine
from a plastic cup, at night.
i am always looking for
the bottom but, never do i
want to find.

when my hands shake
in the morning, hold them.
they will be cold.

if i arrive bleeding, bandage me.
do not ask what happened.
begin repairs with a kiss.

i may ask you for things i
should not. pretend not to
notice. give easily and often.

my heart is a key
broken off in a lock.
keep it in your pocket.
expect nothing.

i am impossible but there is
such sweetness in the madness
and such symmetry in my flaws.


my love is a monster.
i will not apologize for
its mess, nor will i hide it,
either.

you cannot change me,
although you will want to.
i will not wash your feet.
i will offer no excuses.

i will never say your name
by accident. when i do, it will
sound like a prayer.

when i finally say
I love you
your body will become a
miracle, my hands, a rosary.



love,

JANEisnotplain 03252013

No comments: